Friday, January 28, 2011

Orange-Cranberry-Almond Granola




OK, finally realized what my grandmother meant when she said "the extra special ingredients is love".  This recipe was definitely lacking that, as I am still under the weather a bit.

Before getting sick I started the process for this granola and did not want the ingredients to go to waste, so I did my best to follow thru - half heartedly of course.  The ingredients were simple and the steps to make the recipe were as well, just time consuming.  I mean, don't plan on eating granola for two days when you start his recipe!

Who knew this sweet orange tangy cranberry granola with a nutty crunch would turn out to be chicken food :-).  They sure gobbled it up!!


I mean seriously, look at this stuff

The recipe came from the book The complete Idiots guide to eating raw, needless to say "I'm still feeling like an idiot".  However, I will try this recipe once more when I'm feeling well.  As it reads I think the instructions have a bit to be desired for us "Idiots" to raw food.  The recipe is on the recipe page and I've placed some additional information to help any other "idiot" to raw food newbie :-0! 

So when I make it again I will update this portion of my blog but so far this is my least favorite recipe.  The book has three authors so I don't know whose recipe this is Mark Reinfeld, Bo Rinaldi or Jennifer Murray.

No comments:

Post a Comment