Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's about taking steps

Was talking to a friend today and she said:  "I didn't know you were becoming a vegan".  Please note:  I have no intentions of going totally raw or becoming vegan.  I am simply trying to blend more raw foods into my life.   For example:  Trying to have a fruit or green smoothie every morning within an hour of getting out of bed.  I must be doing a pretty good job at this, my four year old got up today asking if he could have a smoothie for breakfast.  He's been sampling mine for the past few days and he is totally liking them!  I mean shoot, if you drink a green smoothie every morning...that makes you about 33% raw for the day right?  :-)

I have taken some steps in trying to equip my pantry with some of the necessities for a "raw" lifestyle.  I do hope at some point to be at least 80% raw.  But it's about taking steps and that is what I am simply doing..one at a time.

Snack before 8 a.m.:  smoothie with Kefir Cranberry, almond milk, frozen strawberries, bananas and blueberries and the juice of one fresh squeezed orange (compliments of my hair stylist Cheryl...it was soooo sweet, thanks Cheryl!).

Breakfast:  1/2 cup quiona with 2 tablespoons of raw cranberries, one banana, agave, cinnamon and a splash or two of almond milk.

Lunch:  Finished off the veggies from the Portobello Mushroom Fajitas last night (SUPERB) by placing them in  a wrap with diced tomatoes and guacamole....DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment