Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cacao Ganache Mousse Cake


This is the cake I made with the food dehydrator!  It is very very rich and delicious.  However, I will only fix it in the future if I have company, as my husband does not eat things this rich and I'm not sure how long it will keep in the refrigerator and a tiny piece is all you can eat at one time...it's that rich!  So would I recommend you fix it?  Yes, but only if your having friends or family for dinner, or if your invited to dinner somewhere, it's a great one to take along...they'll be talking about your dessert for months to come!

This cake was fairly easy to put together (once I got the coconut thing straightened out..see previous post).  Obviously you will want to do the work the night before you want to eat it, as it took 9 hours in the food dehydrator.  Once I mixed up the cake portion and put it in the food dehydrator, I went ahead and made the mousse and put it in the refrigerator so it could get good and chocolaty.  When I got up this morning, I assembled the cake and made the Ganache and then put it in the refrigerator for an hour before cutting it.




Never in my wildest dreams did would I have imagined that you can actually bake with a food dehydrator and make your food better for you, maintain important nutrients and even activating enzymes in others.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this cake is "healthy"...after all it is full of coconut butter etc..  However, if your going to eat dessert, this is a healthier way to fix it! 

The cookbook I used was Susan Powers "RawMazing Desserts" and you can go to The LettuceBeHealthy Store and purchase this book and all supplies to make this wonderful cake.  There is a special link "To make the Cacao Ganache Mousse Cake" link so you don't have to sort through the entire store.

The recipe can be found on the recipe page of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment