Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Zucchini Bread - made in the dehydrator




This recipe did not turn out at all the way I expected and I cannot say that I will fix it again. 

It looks beautiful in the book, but after 24 hours of dehydrating...mine was still wet on the bottom and getting hard on the top.  I do not care for the taste either.  I'm not sure what went wrong.  I do know that I only had 2 cups of almond flour and the recipe called for 3 so I substituted one cup of brown rice flour, maybe that was a HUGE mistake.

I'm thinking I should have squeezed the water out of the Zucchini, but the recipe didn't require it,  so I thought it would affect the moisture and didn't do it.  I do believe it would have helped with my problem.  At this point my bread is slightly overdehyrated but not done.

Anywho, if you'd like to try the recipe and see if you have better luck than I did, it can be found by clicking on the recipe tab above and then just scroll down.

All I can say is here chickie chicks!!!

Have you ever dehydrated Zucchini bread?  Have you tried this particular recipe and had good luck with it?
If so, share your recipe with us here.

No comments:

Post a Comment