Monday, October 11, 2010

How do you peel your Cantaloupe?



So, I'm eating at a restaurant the other day and was seated, looking over at the salad bar attendant cutting up vegetables and fruit.  Then I noticed how she cut her melons.  She was cutting a watermelon, but I had a cantaloupe at home and the technique worked on it as well.

I may be the last person on earth to know this little tip, but had to share it just incase I'm not alone.

Now I don't know about you but I loose a lot of melon and juice when I cut one up!  Of course my chickens loved that fact and won't be as happy with their rinds these days...but they'll just have to moooove on :-). 

So here it is...simple...cut both ends off and then sit the cantaloupe on one of them and use your knife to peel downward.  Go around the melon until all rind is off, then cut in half, spoon out seeds (which by the way my chickens also love) and then turn each cut side down on cutting board and slice...then if you wish to cube you can do it at this point.  It was so easy to just let the knife follow the shape of the melon, without much effort on my part.

 I promise you that you will loose far less meat and juice from your melon!

So tell me, how do you cut your melon?

No comments:

Post a Comment